Nobody has time to deep clean their house everyday, although it would be nice if it could be clean all the time. Being a house cleaner for the past 6 or so years has definitely sparked some OCD in me. I have found a couple small things to do everyday that makes my house feel clean even though it might not be spotless.
1. Make sure everything has a place and if it doesn't, then get rid of it. Typically if you haven't used in the past year, you don't need it. Maybe its something you use a lot but just don't have a place for it, well..
2. Buy more shelving, cabinets, or hooks! I know at Menards you can buy a 4 square organizer for 20 dollars. Those look good and hide disorganized mail, game consoles, shoes, or anything really.
3. Pick up everyday. It takes 5 minutes to fold your couch blanket or put your cup in the sink.
4. Do the dishes everyday. This is the hardest one for me. Sometimes I only have a couple plates and cups to clean because it is only me and my husband at my house. Plus I hate dishes because I do them by hand. But when it comes down to it, if I would just clean the pan, 2 plates, 2 forks, and 2 cups everyday and spend 10 minutes doing it than I wouldn't have to spend 45 minutes every 3 days doing dishes.
5. Invest in a paper shredder and/or file cabinet for mail. Mail piles up at my house on my desk, in my kitchen, in my car. We just burn it in our fire pit once it gets too cluttered.